Hi. Im Sam.

Guest sammcc

Guest sammcc

Hi. Im Sam. Im from Country NSW. I current own a very small tank, and own a goldfish and a black moor. These a my second batch of fish. The first 2 decided to die on me. Any ideas for names? Anywho. I really want to get into this hobby. So, Hi!

Sam

Hi Sam. Welcome to AAQ. When you say a small tank, how small exactly? Goldfish produce a lot of waste and when they're kept in a small amount of water there's a tendency for water quality to deteriorate rapidly. As for names, how about Othello for the black moor and Desdemona for the goldfish? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othello

Guest sammcc

UPDATE: After some research, I have decided to name my fish Bubbles and Sushi. The black moor is Bubbles, and the one that kinda looks Japanese is Sushi. Also, I was wondering was there any feedback for the VitaPet aquariums that Big W sells, I was looking at getting the 18L one.

I have one of the Big W tanks - it's an 18L panoramic tank. It's my sorority tank for my 3 VT betta girls. I haven't had a problem with it - other than the motor crapping out after 18 months. It's quite a nice tank, i also have the hexagonal 5L tank :)

Hi Sam! Welcome to AAQ.

18L is better for 2 goldfish than their current lodgings. But as Bettarazzi said goldfish are big producers of waste. I

Keep an eye on ammonia and nitrite while they're in such a small tank. Do you have test kits for this? Either or both of these will kill Sushi and Bubbles. And water with ammonia and nitrite can be crystal clear...

You may want to start a thread in the general aquaria forum about all this - things may get missed in the intro forum.