Sunan and Inky - Video

Terribletegs

Haha sorry I should clarify:

Sunan is a PK (trad?? not sure) male - he looks black in the video

Inky is a lavender female - she looks kinda red in the video. In real life she is super barred-up, hard to see in the video. She is the female on the right in my forum avatar...

I have never seen bettas this 'into it' before. I am starting to think all my other males have been TSTB - they have all had time with Inky and they never tried to entice her back to the nest like Sunan is.

Or maybe Inky only has eyes for Sunan? She did give the other males a good beating...

I just finished separating Inky back into her own tank. :giggle:

Tonight when I came home and checked on them, he was attacking her quite viciously, striking her on the body. He struck at her so ferociously one time that he destroyed the bubblenest while I watched. So, for now, they can have a break.

Did I see lovely long ventrals on Sunan, streaming behind him in the wind... (underneath him in the water ;))?

All the moon talk has made me curious, I plan to introduce my girl to the spawning tank in the next day or so, with the intention of releasing her early next week with the full moon.

However, I've not really got any control spawns to match it against, only having had 2 previous spawns from 2 attempts (3 days after new moon and 1 day after full moon).

Good luck if you try again :cheer:

Lovely, fat, long ventrals.... he is a very sexy boy!

I think I may be buying more PKs in the future... my bigger half Tim says, "Sunan is my idea of the perfect betta, he's just so sexy."

Getting the partner into your obsession is always a good idea... :cheer:

I want to try again ASAP, but Inky is my only female and she's all torn up. It doesn't seem to be bothering her much (she still bars up when she sees a male) but I'd like her to heal a little before I try spawning her again. Maybe on the new moon (one week away)?

The moon's 69% of full right now. My moon phase tool is on my home computer, so I don't know when the new moon is... is it only a week away? I'd leave them to it if she's only got fin damage and is still motivated.