Make some suggestions!

Chasing Sanity

Hurrah for tax time!

I'm hoping to upgrade the top filter in my 100L tank to a canister filter, because I'm just not happy with it. Currently running it with an internal filter and it's barely stocked!

So, I'm looking for suggestions on the best value and easy to set up canister filters. My brother just bought a dodgy Chinese one off eBay and it was a pain in the butt to set up because of the Chinglish instructions. I don't really want to spend over $250, but I will if it what I'm looking for.

I have Fluval and Eheim cannister filters.

Personally I think the Eheim ones are a better quality, but I am slightly biassed towards all things German.

When I buy a cannister filter I know I am going to spend a lot of money, and remember you get what you pay for! It's a good idea to get one with a decent warranty in case parts fail.

You should be able to get a nice one for under $250 for a 100L tank. I would get one as large as you can afford.

Most important thing? Get one with a quick connect/release coupling, allowing you to remove both pipes at once for easy maintenance.