Dragonfly wrigglers

yatzy

Hey i found quite a number of dragonfly wrigglers in a rainwater barrel outside just then. I think their dragonfly wrigglers because they have the big dragonfly eyes and the long slender body. They do not have any legs but four tiny wings which they can't use yet. Are they safe for my bettas to eat? I do plan on sterilizing them before putting in my betta tank.

Are you sure they are dragonfly larvae? Because your description doesn't sound much like them...

http://www.narbeck.org/Bugs/Bug%20Gallery/...onfly_larva.jpg

If they are, they should be fine food for your larger bettas.

But under no circumstances would I put them in a tank with fry or smaller fish. Dragonfly/damselfly larvae take small fish as prey.

Woah those are way ugly mine might just be mozzy wrigglers. Yeah I know about the dragonfly larvae I saw it on the discovery channel they're amazing creature but I like my bettas better. Just curious how do you guys sterilize your wild caught food?

I harvest the mosquito rafts and hatch them inside. No need to sterilise.

I would never put a dragonfly nymph in with bettas, adult or fry, as they just grow so fast and have those freaky pincers.

As far as I am aware, all dragonfly nymphs have legs. I had several that came in on some pond plants that I put in my yabbie tank. Didn't realize that they were there until one of them started trying to walk up the front wall of the tank. The yabbie ate them.

Like Lilli I would never put one in with fish. I have seen these nymphs kill tadpoles twice thier own size.

Edited by Canfeleq