B&C aquariums large stock of betta

hobbygodz

Hi guys, I dropped in to B&C aquariums at matraville today. They had a stock of roughly 50 betta. There was a few HM, lots of CT and VT. Most interesting were a large range of nice deltas at $25 a pop. Happy to see that most of these fish were quite young. Grabbed a bunch of Endlers while I was there. Cheers, Brad.

lol true but there is NO excuse to not by a betta when your income can allow it or when you have that spare tank. in extreme cases one may opt to scrounge around and look behind the couch for coins to provide enough money to get that next fighter. or even rearrange the entire fish room so as to make space for that one extra fish... or is that just me.. lol

Cruel but true. Your'e killin me with a guilt trip. You just described the life sum of nearly every user on this forum. BTW my fishroom is my bedroom, I have tanks down three sides of the room, so I'm always checkin em out while they check me out watchin tv and muckin on the puter. Oh dear, one of the male endlers has just gone belly-up. mmmmm. - Brad.

haha you and me both. my room is also my fish room. mummy and daddy dont want 20 tanks through out the house. in the next few days i will have a 4ft stand on one wall. its a 3 tier stand with no bottom so i can fit more tanks below. i cant wait. i think that will be around 1x 4ft grow out, 2x 18" spawn tanks.

1x 3ft betta barracks and the top level will probebly have another 2ft grow out.

its amazing how much you can fit into a tiny little room with a little bit of planning. that should equal to a total of.

2x 18" high display tanks behind my computer. making a nice little wall.

1x 4ft tank

2 - 3 18" tanks

2 - 3 2fters.

hell i might even start some guppies. need to feed the oscar after all. lol

sorry to hear about your endler. what types are they? pics?

Hey fighter boy, cool to hear that someone else has a fishroom/bedroom! I could put tanks anywhere in the house but I probably wouldn't see as much of my little friends. Who else has fishroom/bedroom guys? How about who has the most tanks in their bedroom? I have 14. Don't be sorry for my dead endler - all I felt was $4.95. If I have a sick or deceased betta I get quite upset. The endlers aren't N class that's for sure, they would be U class, (U=unknown), but they look much like the real mcoy. Cheers!, Brad.

i had 12 at one stage. now i have just 8 though they are 2fts, 1x 4ft and 1x 3ft are the largest. then i have another of each in the lounge... im getting there. and very true brad. i couldnt live without seeing my fish more than a few hours.

hahaha fighter boy, I cant say my parents are particularly thrilled with my betta obsession (especially when I breed and its jarring time!) but Ive managed to take over the entire lounge room upstairs and even squeeze a couple of 10L tanks onto the family dining table.... :giggle:

I used to have a 6' and 2 4's in a bedroom with a king size bed and a cot. Now my fish have a room to themselves. As I heat the room and not the tanks, I can't have them in my bedroom. And don't have to, as I am the boss of my place! :giggle:

By far the most fascinating and interesting fish I ever had in there was a FW eel we caught as a young fish. We filled the tank with gambusia (hey, it was the 80s, there was no internet so how was I to know!) and he ate and ate and ate and grew and grew and grew. He was so gorgeous and graceful with the figure 8 pattern he used to swim, and his beautiful olive green markings on milky-white skin. We decided it wasn't fair to keep such a big fish in that tank once he grew large enough, so we released him again.

We also used to keep salt-water fish we caught. Bream, whiting, leatherjackets, and even a few puffers :bighug:. We had a battery-controlled airstone and would bubble them in buckets all the way home. We kept them for a number of weeks and always released them again when we were done observing them, too. Presumably the tanks were all cycled because we never seemed to lose any - but again there was no internet and we were dependent on the somewhat dubious advice of whatever LFS we happened to be near.

What I always wanted was one of those pipefish, but we never managed to catch one.

That's a way cool story Lisa.I love freshwater eels. There is a creek near where I live at caringbah that is chokkas with them. I enjoy feeding them on occasion. Like you said,there is something about the way they move so gracefully. Yet they can go like lightening if they have too. Years ago my dad and I kept marines for quite a few years, in very large tanks. We caught all our own fish,-all manner of triggers,tangs,fortesques,batfish,boxfish,chaetadons (think that's how to spell it),puffers,stonefishes,sea-horses,nudibranches,shrimp,eels,etc + many other species that I can no longer recall without some research. Some of the fish we caught were amazingly many miles away from their normally equatorial stomping grounds. Later we moved on to large cichlids and oscars - these things were "terra-forming tank busters" the size of dinner plates and would on occasion smash tank lids + flouros/heaters/plumbing etc in the middle of the night if they were fighting. I only desire to keep betta and a few other small fish species nowadays. Cheers! -Brad.

Hey guys, when feeding my new endlers tonight I noticed around a half dozen fry! None of the three girls looked pregnant to my untrained eye. (never had guppies before). I'm sorta wondering what they'll grow up to be - male or female,or even if they will be endlers..................Cheers, Brad. :huh::lol::);) :fish: