Devonport Tasmania

Guest dunamis

Guest dunamis

Gday, I've been doing heaps of reading and research and in the process of setting up my first community tank. I bought a 4 footer from a mate with a cannister filter and a coupla 100w heaters. I bought gravel from the local garden supplies, grabbed a few volcanic rocks from our farm in VIC and some bogwood from Lake Barrington. I used 3 comets to cycle the tank up successfully and have put 7 danios (zebra and giant) in and everyone looks happy... Hoping to maybe whack some platies, swordfish, rainbows, or sharks in there.

I'm not too interested in plants right now I think that's a whole new project.

I'm going to spray paint a neat background on black plastic and stick it to the back of the tank with oil using stencils from garden plants. Should b neat.

Anyone know where I can get some live daphnia? I want to breed them.

Regards, John

Devonport Tasmania

Hi John. I am told that if you defrost frozen daphnia in a bucket, after a couple of days you may end up with some live ones.

It's so nice when people take the time to to research, rather than using their fish as guinea pigs :)