Hello everyone...

argylebetta

Phil was kind enough to send me the link....you all have a fine forum community going here.

I live in the goldfields region in central vic and have been keeping fish since I was ten. Paradise fish and veiltail siamese fighting fish were always my favorites....we never called them betta then and most of the fighters we could get were either red, blue or red/blue. We used nasturtion leaves and stalks in all jars and tanks and I still do when I can grow plenty. Moving around the country a bit over the years for work meant some fish free times but thankfully we have bought a house, raised some kids and somehow I managed to whinge long enough to get a fishroom so I'm in heaven. When I aren't cleaning jars and tanks and talking to my little mates, I get out metal detecting in the bush trying to get rich quick.

Posted Image

A couple of my favorite ct's that I hope to mate soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I only had one plakat but sadly had to put him down on sunday, he was a great little fish so I hope to get a few more of them soon.

I better not bore you any longer. :D

Look forward to chatting........Rob.

Hi Rob! Nice to meet you :lol: You have a couple of nice CT's there! I used to go prospecting as a youngster up around Kalgoorlie (in WA) etc. Very interesting and loads of fun. I even have a picture of us all sat on Paddy Hannons lap floating around somewhere!! Pity all I ever found was my fathers steel-cap boots though :lol:

Oh Oh.. Hi Rob! Another Victorian.. ah hah! we're massing now... take that Australianites!! (It's been a long night) Lovely CTs by the way... if you're ever after a female, Najrick is your breeder.. I've got some awesome CT girls that I'm looking to breed :lol:

Look forward to seeing the pics of the parents Mishy

Hi Lambo :lol:

Hello Faewyn. I have about 26 male ct. I try to get decent pics of them everyday but I'm still learning about lighting and background so I dont have many good close up pics yet. This shelf holds most of them...

Posted Image

On the left is mostly vt and roundtails

Posted Image

Before I breed again I have to get rid of the desks and make up floor to ceiling shelving around all the walls so I can keep a lot more. Rectangle tanks will replace the bowls and I will have room to stock other species tanks too.

Hi Lilli :lol:

Hi Bettabred. Always good to talk to a fellow melbournian. We spent alot of years out at Croydon. Thats one beautiful fish in your avatar.

Hi, from one Rob to another, welcome to this fun forum. You gotta watch out for a few ppl (especially when Mishy has been indulging in her fav past time, as you can see from her above posts :D nah just kidding :D ). But don't worry, this is one bloody good betta site, with the best ppl :D That first CT is :D (did you breed him? ) and your fish room :D My setup only consists of a small barracks system and a shelf of tanks, but I'm getting there :D Oh and Sue, from what I've heard about Jess (sshhh :D ) she wouldn't go near a DT with a ten foot pole, So I thinks Mishy is the best candidate to steal that DT, and send him to me :D mwhahahaha :lol:

Hi Sue, its a wonder BettaBred's avatar has'nt flown away...it looks like it could fly. G'day Rob. All us Rob's stick together. Might have something to do with mothers and teachers yelling...Roooberrt...half our lives, we're used to the same sounds. :D No I did'nt breed that fish...I got lucky with him though as I could not see him clearly in his inch of water at the fs. I took a few of them that day and all are nice fish.

Hi Rob, nice to meet you. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Just be warned to invest in a second key board as the constant drooling at all the wonderful fish here can cause major problems. :drool::D:D You have some lovely CT's there. Thanks for sharing your pic's with us. Najina

Archived