Common BN Pair

Anasfire

Actually before I go any further I should mention that I think it's actually a trio I have in there. 2 females and a male (as well as a male peppermint somewhere unless he's died and been eaten) but I only ever see one of the females at a time so am unsure at the moment if there are 2 in there.

In any case here are some photo's I managed to take tonight...excuse the tank walls they need a good scrubbing.

i've been trying to get some pics of the male BN for weeks now, he's really shy and skittish so I practically had to drop the food blocks in and camp out with my camera in hand waiting for his appearance. I'm stoked with the pics I got though.

DSCF4843.jpg

DSCF4836.jpg

Male and Female together

DSCF4837.jpg

Female

DSCF4834.jpg

G'day Cassi,

Great pics - My common BN's are pretty camera shy too - scurry off in a rush soon as I come near - but for some reason the albinos seem quite ok with me looking through the glass at them - I think they have finally associated my visits with food though as soon as the food hits the floor of the tank they swarm over it.

Have you managed to get your trio to do the 'tango' yet? I've put my 5 (2m + 3f) into a 2ft planted tank and within a week one of the males was firmly wedged into his hollow log with a nest of eggs. They have since swarmed out into the tank and at last count there were about 50 of them. Those ceramic logs seem to be doing the trick for me.