Betta Gatherings?

Fergus

Brisbane Meeting  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Can you make it to a brisbane meeting on the following date? (multiple choice - select all that suit you)

• June 13th
    • June 20th
    • June 27th
    • I cannot make these dates but would love to come another time
    • I live too far away (so everyone else doesn't feel left out :lol: )
    • I'm not interested in attending a meeting

There seems to be quite a few far north NSW / Gold Coast / Brisbane members here at AAQ. Have there been betta gatherings held for our region? I'd love to be able to meet up with other betta fanatics and check out their fish and have a chat.

Edited by Fergus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure - i know there is quite a few who live outside of brisbane (south-west). I was actually going to say we should all meet up someone's and then go have coffee at eithe a near by cafe or one of the takeaway places near by LOL.

thats an exellent idea meeting at jodis. im sure she wouldnt mind because it shud attract a fairly good amount of business. although i dont know if thered be a enough space in her shop to hold us all

Cheap as a pair of bettas? When you look at it as saving you on shipping too, you make it sound even more attractive :-)

Actually, on perusal, it looks more expensive than I thought . . .

But that's not a reason for people who -live- there not to have a meeting :D

also maybe need to check if Mike is actually having time to meet up when he is here?

MIKE???

:alright:

I'm sure someone wouldn't mind - we may have to do a 'part' run through the shop - ie only a few in at a time and then mix it up... but I'll send her an email when we have an idea on date.

and Manda the shop is at Annerly. :)

A stop at someone's shop would be required of course, but it would be a little squishy for a meeting! There is a dance studio in the same building as someone, I wonder if they'd hire us a room? A Saturday afternoon/evening would be great for me.

If we decided to have it at the GC, perhaps those of us coming from Brisbane way could carpool. I'm not allowed to drive drive anymore, but hubby is a fantastic chauffeur!

The offer still stands for use of my place, it's easy to get too, but not exactly central. Think about it and let me know if you'd like too.

only new to getting to know everyone here, would be good to catch up with some of yous in person to talk bettas and learn from ecah other....maybe people could bring some bettas that are ready for sale ? or products they may have for sale

luke

yeh that would be a great idea if we could have the meeting when a new shipment comes in. although i think things may start to get a bit nasty in the shop, with ppl fighting over the fish. it would also be a great idea if we could bring some fish along which we are wanting to sell or swap.