Shipping from Canada?

Scrappy

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if shipping bettas from Canada is possible?

I know that shipping from the states isn't, but I am heading over to Canada in a couple weeks for 3 months and was wondering if whether I can buy a fish from the states on Aquabid, and send it over to australia when im on my way back?

Lacy

I'm pretty sure that even if it is allowed (and I'm not certain it is) that you would need to do it through a licenced shipper with the appropriate quarantine facilities in the country of departure.

If it is not permitted, you could possibly look into bunny-hopping through Thailand or something, but they'd end up being very stressed and expensive fish so it would have to be worth it.

Do you mean that you're going to buy fish from Thailand, have them shipped to Canada then ship them back to Australia? Not sure that's such a good idea. I think the reason you haven't got many answers is that most of us don't know. I suggest you speak with Jodi and discuss what you're planning to do. You really need expert transhipper advice.

Hey guys,

thanks for you're input..

I was mainly thinking along the lines of being so close to the states, and us not being able to get any imports from the states- I was wondering if Canada does ship directly to Australia.. I was interested in seeing what kind of Bettas the US have, and if able to- to send them home.. But the way its looking Canada doesnt ship to Aus, which is what I was hoping.

I wouldnt do it in the way of sending through to Thailand then to Australia.. too much money that way lol

But thank you :confused: