Banana Lily

I have planted a banana lily in my new tank which is still cycling & the thing is just growing like crazy! It grows at least 1 inch every 12 hours. Now, I try to avoid anything that isn't grafted onto either driftwood or rock, or something that is already in a pot because I seem to kill anything that needs to be "planted". Hey, its' probably normal for them to grow so rapidly but I've never had one before so I thought I'd share because I am absolutley shocked! lol

Here's the tank a week & a half ago (keep in mind the tanks 60cms deep):

DSCF3042.jpg

This was 12am last night (those 2 shoots grew that much in 10 days!):

DSCF3050.jpg

& then 12pm today:

DSCF3053.jpg

It'll hit the surface soon! :rofl: I have about 6 in my planted tank, and the surface is almost covered in leaves. They seem to be seasonal and the lily pads don't last more than a month or so. They really do grow very quickly and the surface pads are quite large too.

Have fun with them, they are quite pretty and easy enough to remove if they become a problem *lol*

once you have a few lillies trim them and throw them in a bucket/leave floating and new plants will grow.

This is the result of a trimming I threw in a full shade pond.

this shot was taken a couple weeks back, It has now just started to developed leaves and you can tell the bananas from the roots.

100_1133-1.jpg

All I've got in there is just plain gravel & I did plant mine slightly - well just the little shoots. I do have twin tubes in that tank & the light is on for 12 hours a day for the Amazon Swords. I reckon they'd grow just about anywhere!