My fishroom in the making.....

ninoid12

My spare room, now a fish room. I rent so i cant go too crazy on modifications etc. But it does the job pretty well.

fishroom.jpg

I bought some insulation polybatts from bunnings for $33 for 16 strips. I have put four over the window which has helped a lot with the cold already. And have put the others here and there around the tank stands. Not the most attractive but i swear its helping. Not fixing the cold, just helping lol

(ps i cant get the photo any bigger dammit. phone photo grr)

• 1 month later...

how big are these polly bats? ive got a huge window in my bed room that im needing to cover. considering using foam sheeting. Remembering that it cant be anything permenant because its my bed room of all things.

what do polybatts look like anyway?

lol i cant remember. Went to bunnings, got the ones they're a brand that makes pillows, tontine or something like that. The others arent safe cuz they have bits breaking off that you can breathe. But these are good, i honestly can feel the difference. though if i put them up properly im sure they would work better lol

go to bunnings, have a look. worth looking in person.

• 5 weeks later...

I have now purchased some 1ft tanks for my prized import bettas B)

None are heated (atm) but the whole room has a heater on low which takes the edge off the water coldness.

I am planning to set up some more 1ft tanks for some "nice-fry" growout tanks :cheer:

1fttanks-1.jpg

Edited by ninoid12