Photos of My Fish Cupboard Construction

killimike

Inspired by a recent thread by one of the other Mike's, here are some pics of when my little fishie corner of the garage was going up. This was in 2003, in its first incarnation.

View from outside the front of the house

118_1824.jpg

View from inside, looking back to the front of the garage. This frame is the back wall of the fish space, that separates it from the garage.

118_1826.jpg

Gyprock sheeting going up

118_1830.jpg

Finished deal, plus some weirdo. The black stand was the first thing I had setup in there, it came down early last year. The green air pump is still going 5 years later, it runs airstones and sponge filters in the fishroom, plus upstairs, and in two rooms downstairs!

118_1838.jpg

More photos to come of the modern incarnation.

Come on! We need current photos!! It's not a fishroom unless there are rows and rows of tanks. :D Did you actually do any of the work? I only say that because your dad looks all dirty and paint spattered and you're all spotless! :lol:

I have seen the fish cupboard and I'll say this, Mike really maximises the space he has to work with in there. Like my fishroom, it's hard to get a photo due to the dimensions. It's hard to get far back enough from anything to get what you need to get in the shot.

Also - Mike you look SO different in that photo!!!!

• 2 months later...

I think it's a great idea to go through old posts and bump them when they contain good ideas. . . Or someone hasn't got around yet to doing something they said they would :)

Re idea for fishroom, well, we make the best of what we have, but don't make yours as small as mine!! You can see it's fairly narrow from the photo. The first time I had more than one or two people over to look at it was at the killi meeting a few months ago, and it was very funny to see people trying to squeeze in :D There's like half a person's space in there at the best of times. But height is a useful thing ;)