Sign in to follow this  
koriana

Royal blue CT M x Copper grizzle CT F

cfnumber2bought.jpg

Dancer and mum of spawn

x

bluemaleflare3.jpg

Devil the daddy!

I am so excited , ater 3 failed attempts all resulting in eggs but no hatching I am estatic! I tried firstly my line bred imports ghost x dancer, this resulted in eggs but they failed to hatch, i tried the same pair again the same result. I also tried my slightly aggressive blue male with my turquoise female, once again eggs but no fry!

So i thought I would swap the females and see how i went. Devil can be very aggresive, but Dance is very very well spikey I guess! She sticks up for herself and i found devil and her hit it off right away.

I didnt want to put another failed spawn up here so i waited and waited...

and about an hour ago I noticed TAILS!!!!!!!!

The pair have spawned in a 2ft tank, about 8" of water. No filter, some snails =) and lots of java moss and some driftwood.

I introduced the pair using a fish separation net, when devil starting advancing i put dancer in the tank, and they basically began to spawn straight away.

There isa MASSIVE nest of eggs, which devil took out from under the bubble wrap and has placed them on the side of the glass in a big bundle, he is also now very busy picking up babies and THROWING them back in the nest, i can see quite a few tails hanging down, and seen a few go cruising to the bottom. I am so excited!

kylie

Oooh! This will be interesting, my prediction is lots of crossed rays! Congrats on the spawn!

Well all is still going well, swimmingly LOL

I have seen some fry free swimming and NO idea how many there are, but thinking I can see maybe 15-20 or so at the moment? but gosh they can hide well! Dad is still being a model father and has had fry sitting on his face a few times enjoying the ride to the surface lol

kylie

Good daddy's are so very cute! It's so incredible how well those little tails can hide, but it's so nice when they finally get big enough to count them and you have more than you thought.

They are now 5 days old =) and still all going well, I can actually see a faint difference in some fry, some almost opaque fry (guessing white based) and some fry with dark stripes guessing the dark bodied fry!

Been feeding VE and have started introducing some MW i can barely see the fry let alone the MW or VE lol, but i can see wiggles if i look carefully, so hopefully they are eating well!

I removed dad today, he hasnt been eating at all, and i didnt want to lose him so put him in a little tank where he promptly ate bloodworms so all is well

kylie

congrats on the fry/....

now waiting for my own spawn...

what you think your going to get...? \

looking to try for anything inparticular or just see what you get?

Well the babies are ALMOST a month old now! and Still going well. I think i have 6 =) so not many. But at least I have some!

I put the two together, as Devil has fantastic finnage, dancer has great extensions for a female but lacks the spread =) Devil also has some crossing rays . And dancer has such neat and even extensions I am hoping for some King crowntails!

I WOULD love to have some blue grizzles, I think i have three dark based and three light based fry, one larger fry definately has a copper shene. SO I am really excited to see these babies grow!

kylie

Well the babies are now over a month old =) and they are just SOOO cute ! I have 8 babies, one super tiny baby, and the others are growing really well =) I still need to work out how to take a picture of them, with a long lense camera lol, but I am so happy I have gotten this far with a spawn !

kylie

happy 1 month anniversary to the fry :) and congrats to you :D - sounds like they are doing well!!!

Still really well thanks Lilli =)

I had a very very sad death tonight though =( I lost one of the larger fry, basically died in my hands

I was feeding them their bloodworms, chopped of course, and well he must of just ate too many ! his stomach burst right there and then, i couldnt work out had happened till i turned him over and his little belly was split =(

So now I have 8 ! 4 bigger ones, 4 small ones, I have split them now into 2 tanks. And they really are growing well. I am charging my camera, so will try and take some piccies of the bigger ones tomorrow =)

Kylie

:) I didn't know that could happen! Sorry Kylie.

Look forward to seeing those pics!

Nor did i ! I didnt even think about it !! It may have been a freak thing, but i just couldnt believe it. He was eating then just went mad in the tank i grabbed him with the net and he died =(

kylie

These guys are now 9 weeks and 2 days old !!!

I still have 4 quite small ones, they are growing, just not as fast as my 2 largest fry ! I took some bad pics LOL, so i will post those in a sec of the 2 bigger ones =)

kylie

Looking good, would be great to see them flaring *lol*

Sign in to follow this