Quote Button

Well, ain't this place looking all prettied up!!?? Very impressed am I. The first I noticed of it, was when I clicked on the bookmark and was instantly greeted with a powder blue field, eventually forming into the new look...

Anyway, enough bum kissuing and salutations, time to get into the nitty gritty. With the site now all spruced up, will the "quote" button now work as it's supposed to? I know I could just go find a ramdom post and hit "Quote" and see waht happens, but where would be the fun in that??

Once again, great work to all responsible. The place looks very clean and uncluttered :lol:

I assume it works, but I have always used FAST REPLY like we're supposed to :lol: . If "QUOTE" does what "REPLY" used to do, then yeah, it will work like it's supposed to.

... um, an unexpected side effect of the change is that in PM's, the "reply" button in PM's is now the "QUOTE" button. Still works exactly like "REPLY" did in there ... We'll see what we can do re that little issue.

PS I can't take any credit for the new look, I just get to enjoy it.

We cheated. It all works the same as always. Even though there are a silly amount of complaints to the company about the inability to restrict those buttons via the software itself, there seems to be no signs it'll be corrected in the near future.

If you change the new theme back to the old one (bottom left of the page, use the drop-down menu and pick AusAqua 2.2.0), you'll notice those buttons are different also.

+Quote is multiquote, so you can flick that on multiple posts and quote many people at once when you click Add Reply at the end.

Quote quotes the entire post and jumps you straight into Add Reply.

If you want to reply without quoting (and this is preferable unless there are many conversation threads to keep track of) use Fast Reply or Add Reply without touching any of the quote buttons on the individual posts. :lol:

So yes, quote does quote and reply does reply ;) Hopefully that should cut down on the confusion ;)