Sign in to follow this  
il2fd

My first CT

and my first post on Ausaqua!

I picked up this guy about a month ago from Aquaristic on Botany Rd Alexandria. I am going to breed him in a couple of weeks, but I wanted to get an idea on his quality from the people who know best. He is an import.

P4050143-1.jpg

Im not a fan of crowns, but this ones spikes are cool :lol: I like the length of it and the separation.

The colouring on the fins is quite attractive but im not a huge fan of the paler coloured body. Though i do know lots of ppl who love this.

i PERSONALLY would breed him with a short-ish female as for my likings he seems quite long in the body. Definitely go a crowntail girl, as its just a waste to go anything else.

is that top fin supposed to be that far back on his body? or am i just imagining faults???

Hopefully a crowntail fan will give you more info.

cheers

Hi, thanks for posting your pic :love:

It's a bit hard to critique from the photo. I won't discuss colour, just conformation. What we need in a photo to be able to critique him properly is a shot that shows caudal spread, evenness and straightness of rays, the extent of the webbing reduction, whether there are any curled rays, and what every fin looks like (you can't really make out his ventrals in the pic).

From what I can see he's not a bad Thai Flag CT, but for an actual critique we need to see a bit more of him :)

Been a while since I was last on here. I will try get an updated photo over the coming days as I would love some feedback.

That is maskot or cambodian colour. Finneage not bad, condition him well, and also if intend to breed crown, you should try using ketapang or indian almond leaf always in the tank for ct, creates very stong CT fins, but lineage also a factor.

Saw one black kct b4, conditioned by the owner using the leaf, the fins actually shaking like rosetail when swimming around.

Sign in to follow this