Egg tumbler using a plastic syringe

Chuckie

Last night at the SKG meeting, Mel contributed some 20ml syringes and they were extremely popular. It was quite hilarious to hear the raffle winners calling out "I'll take another syringe, thanks". Anyway, Abbey mentioned that there is a technique for making an egg tumbler out of the syringe (less the plunger). Does anyone know any more about this? If Smith keeps being an egg eater, I may want to give it a try, along with still artificial hatching.

If you're using the syringe in tact... possibly put an airline with a very very low flow rate on the pointy end of the syringe but you'd have to put a screen at the bottom to stop eggs falling down into the tube if the air went off. You'd also need a screen or something over the top to stop eggs floating up and out as well...

Not sure how else you'd do it.... They wouldn't hold a lot of eggs though unless they were very small.... I give up... :)

African Cichlid eggs are about 2-3mm across and bristlenose eggs are about 3mm across.

Some African's have at least 30 eggs in a batch and sometimes you have several batches at once and bristlenoses have at least 30 easily.

But for Betta's - it would be fine unless they went berserk and produced a few hundred eggs.