I've rescaped my 5ft Angel tank

Alasse

I finished the 5ft rescape today. Started last night about 8pm Friday night, pulled up at 2am Sat morning (pulling plants, catching fish, draining water, removing old substrate, fully cleaning tank, getting wood just how i wanted it *L*, put in layer of laterite and dino duno, wash new gravel and put in). Started again around 8am finished around 4ish (adding 350 litres of water by the cup full, sorting and planting, clean filter and get the 'darn' thing to go again *L*, turn heater on) so approx 14 hours of work, but i love it lol

Some pics

Clean tank and playing with wood to get it where i like it

5ft18thApril09.jpg

After laterite, dino dung and gravel added

5ft18thApril09a.jpg

Still planting, so only 4ft T8 light running

5ft18thApril09b.jpg

Finished ~ T8's and T5's running

5ft18thApril09c.jpg

Now i'm just waiting for it to come upto temperature before adding some fish in.

The cories will not be returning (shocking for digging and knocking out new plants), now the yoyo loaches (diggers, and i dont want them messing my substrate *L*), nor the larger clown loaches (just started punching holes in my plant leaves), i'm going to trade these for smaller clown loaches (small enough to do no harm!

Oh and a suprise *L* I bought a very large peppermint bristlenose male months ago, hadnt seen it since i put it in there...thankfully it is still alive and i am VERY happy to him!!!

Oh and a suprise *L* I bought a very large peppermint bristlenose male months ago, hadnt seen it since i put it in there...thankfully it is still alive and i am VERY happy to him!!!

Dont you love those moments ;)

Tank is looking good,

Post another picture in a couple days when its clear.

Peter16 ~ Thank you. Yes i most certainly hate those moments *L* I thought he was a goner for sure! More pics to come as the tank progresses

Ghengis ~ Thank you

Lighting: ~ Double Dalbarb 4ft T8 (2x40W) & 2x2ft Hagen GLO T5 (24W, one each side)

Substrate: ~ Laterite, dino dung & black gravel topping it

Ferts: ~ Dino spit

Plants: ~ Many different swords, Crypts, Java fern (normal and thin), Blyxa, Anubias, A Crispus & Banglenese (sp?)

Fish: ~ 7 Angels, 3 Cherry barbs (more to come), 4 Otos, ? Riffle shrimp, 1 Redtail shark, 5 BN plecos, 1 Clown loach (more to come)

Queenserpentine ~ Thanx ;) So far i'm really like the new substrate, will see how it goes with time.

• 2 weeks later...

An updated pic ~ scuse the flash mark, i'll get a better pic when i got more time

5ft30thApril09.jpg

I'll be adding a bit more gravel for depth, if the loaches ruffle the current gravel in some places they a rewarded with a clay cloud (from the dino dung)

• 4 months later...

I rescaped my 5ft, started Friday 2nd Oct, finished planting Saturday 3rd

Tank is approx 1 day old (taken Sun 4th) in this pic, so please excuse the cloudiness :rolleyes:

5ft4thOct09.jpg

Inhabitants: 5 Angels, 3 Cherry barbs, 5 Clown loaches, 1 Redtail shark, 3 Otos & 5 Peppermint BN

Tis very close to clear water now, once it fully clears i'll grab another pic :D