Sign in to follow this  
Bettarazzi

EDAS Auction Saturday 18th April

Umm.... not your personal assistant. See what you miss out on when you don't visit AAQ on a regular basis? How about you just join EDAS and they'll let you know when the next one is. :) EDAS regular bi-monthly meeting is tonight at 8pm BTW. :P

hmmm.... what are the benifits of joining?

granted it is $40.. but that is $40 that could get me another "hit" in this addiction of mine... i need fishies... lol

What I find beneficial is likely to be very different to what you'd find. Best you figure it out for yourself. EDAS allow guests to attend their meetings. Auctions and fairs are free to the general public. Meeting dates, auctions and fairs are all published on their website. You don't actually have to be a member to get that information. Just stick it in your diary now. Or actually... since you're fond of tattoos.... ink it onto your forehead?? :(

lol... but if i was to do that how could i read it?

oh wait i found a mirror... dont worry..

i think the plus side is meeting more people in the industry that can aid you in any questions you may have... oh and the goodies at the swap meets...

Some benefits of attending edea meetings are, staying current with info about importation laws, future changes to energy consumption, new ideas, some old forgotten ideas and the trading table. I recently brought a member of ausauqua along with me as a guest and he scored a breeding pair of golden bristlenose catfish for 20$. Not to mention metting people who share a common intrest. It really is a great place to discuss the hobby, and new members are always welcome.

I highly recommend it :cheer:

Edited by axoloto

He met me! And you guys did too! I highly recommend the meetings if theyre all as good as this one.

I'd love to go. Getting to meet people IRL is great. I really enjoy the Sydney killifish group meetings and the betta gatherings.

There were at least 4 AAQ members at the meeting last night. I haven't met Akythara yet but looking forward to doing so at some point. I had a good discussion with axoloto about betta breeding and another discussion with 3 other members about planted tanks. I bought some soda stream bottles for my pressurised CO2. I think chatting to people face-to-face is very different to email, msn or chatting on the forum. I find that I get a lot out of it and I'm going to try to get to as many meetings as I can.

We're lucky in Melbourne to have a several active aquarium societies. Apart from EDAS there is also the Aquarium Society of Victoria and the Victorian Cichlid Society. There's also the EDAS Plant Study Group which holds separate monthly meetings just to talk about plants.

Sign in to follow this