Sign in to follow this  
Queenserpentine

my HM male has lost interest...*sigh*

I think he might be a dud! :dontknow:

This is the second time with the naughty boy he has done this.

He has shown interest and then just got bored it seemed and left her in the jar *sigh*

What to do.

Should I try and put another male or try another female?

bored after how long?

How long are you leaving them together/with her jarred?

if you're not overly concerned about his finnage, drop him into the tank with another male! then after a few minutes, fish him out, and put him back with the female, then see what happens!

that will get his procreative juices going.

nah, I couldn't do that to him. I left her in for the afternoon and most of the night to see if they would but nothing.

I've tried the mirror, he's not even responding to it.

He's such a naughty boy.

He sounds sick...

If he doesn't respond to his own reflection....it's a problem

I'd give his accomodation a complete clean....

New water...50% rainwater + kepatang leaves or extract....show him a mirror once a day for 20 minutes max

Remove female and feed him live food(black worms/mossie larva) for a couple of weeks....then reintroduce the female in a jar

if he gets excited and makes a nest let her out!!!

i have had a male not show any intrest in a female that he could see but couldn't get too.So i took her out and left him for a day by him self then the next day put her straight in with him for about an hour.Did that for a couple of days and they spawed under a nest no bigger than a 20 cent coin the female started to put the eggs into the nest but he caught on and i ended up with about 80 fry.You could try that but i would check them every 15mins to make sure they weren't doing too much damage to each other...

He's definately not sick, i constantly moniter all 6 six of aquariums and each of my fish. I think that might be it. He might just be a little frustrated at not being able to get to her , I will try what you said xxxBettaxxx.

if he's frustrated he will try HARDER to get at her, not lose interest.

I agree with Rob. he may well be sick with something not readily visible. I think you should at least look into that, rather than stressing him over and over by putting in and removing females.

Sometimes it takes time to get the right result and also to act in your fish's best interests. You may be in a hurry but he apparently isn't!

Dont forget how important it is for him to be properly conditioned.

How long did you condition for and what variety of foods have you offered him?

thanks axoloto :yes:

I conditioned him for about a week with brineshrimp, black worms, frozen black worms, frozen spirulina brine and this was mized in with pellets.

Sign in to follow this