Betta Barracks

Terribletegs

My bettas from someone arrived! Photos later. :o

So, I have two males and two females. They are all currently in a 'betta barracks' - a three-tier tank with three compartments on each tier (making nine individual compartments). Each compartment is about 3.64 litres, with flow going through each and then through a large sump at the back.

What do you think about this arrangement? Would you consider it suitable permanent accomodation for the males? What about the females? (Although they will probably go into a larger community tank at some stage, but not sure yet.)

Thanks!

Tegan

That sounds great! :D

There are two lines of thought on shared water. One is that it can cause problems with the spread of disease. The other is that because of the filtration the water quality is higher, and fish are healthier so disease is far less of a problem in the first place. I tend to lean toward the second opinion, provided you maintain strict quarantine procedures when introducing any new fish.

I'm imagining a stepped design, which would be highly attractive I think. Any chance of a picture?

Edited by Bender