How to make your own brine shrimp hatchery

Queenserpentine

Heehee, Ive seen this vid and made this before. I actually had a better hatch rate with non aerated water even when the bubbles were ridiculously low :P Other people have had different experiences though so its still worth a try. I can say first hand that its pretty easy - hardest part is making a hole in the cap :)

I find at every person that I know has their own way of doing things

A guy in Terang uses a soft drink bottle with a jar full of water and rock tapped to the bottom so it won't move around the tank

drops it in his fish tank with an air stone

He gets the best hatch rates and if I am lucky I get the extras

I use conical plastic champagne glasses which I aerate. The eggs fall to the bottom and I can suck out the bbs with a baster. The shape is ideal. I'll have to post a "how I do it" with photos. No mess, abslutely no fuss, no silicone etc.

I think getting the salinity/hardness of the water right is key. I make up 10L of synthetic seawater which I keep lidded, and I just draw from that for every new batch of bbs. (I get 3 harvests per batch so it's once every 1.5 days).

I keep 2 going at once so I should theoretically never run out.

i read somewhere on this forum, just bbs eggs, 1.5 table spoon of sea salt, water, container, leave it beside the window for some healthy sunshine, NO need to airate.. 2 days later, VIOLA..

i've tried it, it works perfectly for me...during summer..

heating and airation help the eggs to hatch quicker.