Hi all

Guest shade

Guest shade

My name is Jim, I'm 26 and live in Brisbane (Auchenflower)

I'm Currently studying acupuncture (Bachelor of Health Science) at Endevour College of Natural Medicine.

I play in a band in brisbane called Windmills, I am the Bass player and Vocalist

I also ride BMX, write poetry, and read (mostly shamanism, eastern philosophy, theoretical physics, quantum theory, alchemy, magick and the occult, and anything that links them, oh and BMX magazines ;-P ) I also have a bit of an interest in photography.

As for fish, I have only just begun on a new path. My interest in Bettas began when my girlfirends housemate moved to London. My girlfriend Jess had been looking after Happy Wedneday the old fighter belonging to her x-housemate. Poor old Happy died a few months before we moved in together and during the move we found his old bowl. I decided that It would be nice to get a new fish, So we went to the valley markets where I knew that a guy sold them.

I ended up with 2 new bettas that day and an extra bowl. Now (after another purchase) I have 3 bettas, one of which shares a small tank with a bunch of neon tetras.

The expression of genetics in this fascinating species really interests me, I can see my self dabbling in breeding somewhere down the line, but I dont think I would ever do it seriously, however but things do tend to escalate a bit when I get started with a new hobby.

Anyway, its all in an unpredictable future, so I will speculate no longer.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Peace,

Jim

Hi Jim :P

It always starts just with one innocent little betta then before you know it you have a whole room devoted to bettas! (oops). They have such funny personalities though. Mine are the grumpy one, the emotional and sensitive one, the show off, the excitable, and the finicky. I fall in love with each one every day all over again and I'm always catching my partner playing with them - I think he's been sucked in too. It sounds as though you are well on your way lol.

I used to bmx... then did a little downhill mountainbiking... now I dirtbike. :P

I second the check out someone's shop or at least her videos on youtube :)

Ta, Lyar

Guest shade

Thanks for the tip to visit someone's shop. I read about it last week and am just waiting till I have a day free to get out there. Lucky for my its only about 15 mins away ;-)