Four Betta females went to the pub ....

fishbites

I had four of my girls go off to the pub today - the local Irish pub is putting in some fish tanks recessed into the walls - 20l tanks with single species - four of my green metallic girls have been given one of the tanks - not sure how they'll handle the noise but the green colouring is appropriate!

They are the last of that lot to go to the LFS - almost all have been sold. I've kept the only male and one green female from that spawn (it was my first).

The girls should look great with a dark background and overhead lighting. Hopefully they'll behave and not get into anything they shouldn't - like jumping out of a tank and into a glass of guiness!

I'd be more concerned with the behavior of the clients than the fish! I've seen all sorts of thing dropped into a fish tank in a restaurant, so I hope these ones have some way of making that impossible.

They are up high on the wall and there is a flap at the front to stop anything jumping out or anything going in - you'd need to be extremely tall to actually reach the flap to access the tops of the tanks so I think the girls are safe from tank spiking or anything like that.

Here are a couple of the tanks that got installed - I think the left one is the one with the betta girls in it (can't see them though). This was taken on a mate's camera phone but it gives you the idea of where the tanks are, etc.

irishfidler.jpg