Tank Score of the Century

rose

My favourite LFS is shutting down, Which means that i no longer have a place to let the boys run wild, drink coffee, and talk fertilizer about fish... :) :)

On the plus side, I've just scored 1 x 6 footer, complete with monster yellow belly, cannister, heater and driftwood, 1 x brand new 3 footer, 6 x 2 footers all complete with undergravel filters, gravel, heaters etc, 3 x 6 foot lights and globes, 6 foot three tier stand and a lifetimes worth of water testing supplies.... :P:dance::dance:

My only problems, my laundry is barely big enough to fit this in, let alone look at and appreciate them, deciding what to put in them (aquagreen will be getting quite an order soon), and what other pet shop will be crazy enough to let my 2 yo run rampent through the store while making me coffee.

WOW, that is a fantastic score! Do you actually literally have nowhere to put them? I don't have a room in the house that would fit that much, I don't think.

Sorry to hear your LFS is shutting down, sounds like it was a great one.

Hey Lilli,

I'm gonna have to have a 1 load maximum of clothes in the laundry, and if anyone's interested I've got a deep freezer for sale (or possible swap for plant and fishy goodness) but i think I'll squeeze it in there.

It'll be a place of quiet and contemplation of life, mainly because i don't think I'll be able to fit anyone else in there.

I'd like to add a side note, and i hope i don't offend any sponsors, but i believe that the kids and animal lovers of Griffith will sorely miss Stew and Row of Pets and All. I hope that they will once again find their passion and open another store that they themselves describe as 10% business and 90% circus. Cheers.

Sorry Peter, nothing in life is for free, but it was a damn good price.

As confucius says "being loyal and making friendships with your lfs will have it's own rewards"....... or something like that

Confucius was a wise fishkeeper indeed :D Good score!

It is so sad to see all the old LFS closing down. They are dropping like flies over here, and it seems to be the long-standing quality ones that are the first to go. Quite sad indeed.

Its very sad indeed!! Damo said brand new 3 foot, its a 4 foot. And he is now set for his birthday, fathers day and also paid for appering in a commercial for me today. And he also has to find somewhere for me to store 'all that stuff' that we need in the laundry, you know like the washing powder and washing baskets that kinda stuff.... It's actually kinda overwhelming, now we have to stock them (shame about that hey!) so many tanks......

A fish store with coffee? Heaven! Such a shame that the non-chain stores are having such a hard time lately.

I thought about making my laundry a fish room, but hubby said just because i didn't do the washing didn't mean the room wasn't needed! I did have all my fry in the bathroom for a while, and I must say having a tap right there was good. Congratulations on the tanks, and all the best for the extensions (the ones your going to need to fit them, or the new laundry in)!

Damo was a little to full of faith that the shelves would fit perfectly in the laundry. He didn't allow for the fact that we have very low ceilings, so the shelves are getting adjusted slightly... Photos will be on their way! Oh and the commercial, once its finished being made... production guys better hurry!