My Planted tank

Phil

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm diving for drifwood?? I hope to goodness you are providing me with a map and compass... not that it'll bloody help I'd imagine *mutter mutter*

Might try Koi Hatchery for driftwood? they are ok prices?

Oh and

I am thinking maybe rock piles? stacks? or maybe a more architectural piece?

Must be said in a snooty designer voice for maximum effect :) preferably with hissy "S"es :D

Red plants will look really cool... will they be ok under that much light through? will they turn green?

I was under the impression that red plants required more light (2.5wpg+) in order to keep the red colouring and continue to grow. Some would survive with less, but would lose the red colour and turn greeny instead. I haven't been planty for some time, so I could be wrong, but it might be worth looking into as red plants aren't cheap, and they may not like 0.8wpg.

red plants definitely need more light than green plants, or they "green out". They also definitely need iron,which you can supply via the water column. Phil, I can't believe I forgot to give you the Flourish stuff (and the other stuff you lent me)!!

Flourish is tops :o Seachem have a few products called Flourish, I have the comprehensive stuff. I think Excel might be more like what you would get out of Co2. Your tank is going to be unreal soon, it's growing fast :D

wait til they pair up! I think Excel is a carbon source, so you can use it instead of CO2, but unlike the other things in the Flourish range the dosage is much higher, so I found i went through too muc for it to be economical. I love the rest of the range though.

Ok. looks a tad different, i did some 'rockscaping' today. I put all of the green plant into 2 large clumps, the amazon sword in the center with 2 rocks infront, and i am hoping that the wisteria and the red plant havent dried up (still in a bag) and i might add them. I am thinking anubius, java ferns and java moss to go over the rocks, and a heap of groundcovers like crypts and chain swords etc

Posted Image

Those rocks look heavy! I never could aquascape with rocks on my own, I always needed someone with longer arms to help me. Looking really good Phil! I forgot to give you the tiger lotsu - remind me next time you're over as it will look awesome in there. why are some of your plants still in a bag??

Will do lisa :) They look bulky, but are generally about 10cm thick at most (the back 3) then the 2 between them are about 3 cm as are the smallest ones at the front, still plenty of room :) There are still plants in the bag as i still havent worked out what i want to do with them yet!

well i finally replanted the rest of the plants, but this look dosent really do it for me. I think i will have to remove the rocks cause they take up too much space and dont leave too much room for plants:

Posted Image

Here are a few of the inhabitants:

Posted Image

Archived