A. australe hatch

killimike

I got some chocolate australe from Dallas, beautiful fish, how come I didn't have these for so long!!, and their first rush of eggs from when they went in the tank have started hatching tonight!

Three so far, two are 'free swimming', and two more eggs to go.

Hatched these by placing the eggs into tap water, no dechlorination, in a closed opaque container, as I had previously had trouble with australe eggs 'dissolving'. They have done much better than gardneri gold and akure eggs which I just placed into tank water.

Will keep you guys updated.

Good one mate.

Interesting that our tap water has finally proved to be useful without dechlorination.

I think I told you I never use dechlorinators,even with my Discus,but this is the first time I've heard the chlorine is an advantage.

All the best mate.

I remember you mentioning it Anthony! So even for that spawn of discus, no dechlorination? In the case of eggs, it just keeps down the organics and microbes in the hatch water so as to reduce chances of infected eggs.

Marianne, I know how you feel! It's often that something is out there, it's just a matter of tracking down people and getting through to them. Up your way, there's Peter Thomas and Jesse Soric, both on KillifishAustralia. someone would have some gardneri gold, constanciae and nothos perhaps.

Yeah, I know the killiforum, but whenever I post in the classifieds or send pm's, there's usually very limited response..

I was in contact with Jesse a while ago, and he was trying to spawn some that I wanted and was gonna send me some eggs, but that was two months ago so I'm guessing they never spawned...

Hi Marianne,

Peter in Brisbane have these available at the moment:

N. Rachovii,

N. Korthausae(red)

N. Guentheri (red)

A. Australae Choc

A. Australae orange

F. Gardeneri-Nssuka

R. uropholmus

F. Amieti

Thought you might be interested in some of them.