Diy Barracks

Chuckie

I visited Nick recently and loved the design of this barracks system he has set up. Here is some footage of it, and some photos and bits and pieces. I think it's all pretty self-explanatory so I won't try and explain too much!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Drain into the sump:

Piping from pump up into the barracks:

The stackable shelving he used:

oh wow it looks very confusing for a newbie like me haha :) but im very curious to how it works because one day i want my own big betta setup !

So how it works basically is the bottom container water gets pumped and filtered up to the top of the stack where it goes into the betta tanks and falls back down ???

essentially, yep!

It enters the little betta tanks through the thin black tubes, and there are small holes near the top of the tanks. the water overflows and drains back into the sump, where it is filtered then pumped back up and through the tanks again.

ohh nice I'm beginning to understand!

In this image

are the tubes not going into the betta tanks spare ones ? do they have any purpose ? could you put as many tanks as there are thin pipes ?

Would the 2nd and bottom containers in the stacks be able to hold the same betta tanks since they have the thin pipes going into them as well ?

are the tubes not going into the betta tanks spare ones ?

Yep

do they have any purpose ?

Only as spare ones :lol:

could you put as many tanks as there are thin pipes ?

yes, provided that the weight was not so much that the plastic shelves bowed, and provided that many containers fit

Would the 2nd and bottom containers in the stacks be able to hold the same betta tanks since they have the thin pipes going into them as well ?

yes, that's the purpose of the design. Nick was just waiting for fish to put on those shelves so they were empty when I took the photos.