Aggressive Female

Marianne

I bought 3 females a couple days ago. Meant to get two, but then thought I'd get three to spread the aggression around. That didn't work however. One of them is really tiny, but I've now named her Aggro because she was constantly picking on one of the other females, and ignored the 3rd female completely. The bullied female ended up with a lot of torn fins and seemed a bith apathetic so I put her in a breeder net, but then Aggro started on the other female instead. Constant flaring and chasing and bullying, so I let the injured one out of the breeder net and put Aggro in it instead.

I do find it very endearing and cute that such a tiny female has so much spunk, but what am I supposed to do with her? I don't want to keep her in a breeder net forever... Will they eventually sort things out and calm down, or should I get more females to see of a bigger group would help? All three of them were kept in the same tank at the store btw, along with several other females...

I've been thinking the same thing. What was weird was that last night after I put Aggro in the breeder net the bullied female came up to the breeder net and had the vertical bars you associate with breeding... That made me wonder.

Haha...I think that solves the mystery!

I won't be too surprised if the lps mistakenly put a young male into the same tank as other females.

Probably keep Aggro seperated for a while and you might get confirmation when he/she's older?