Having A Drought On Spawns

sunnylass

Am just having a bit of a sook actually. For some reason I'm having absolutely no luck getting another spawn happening. Up till the last month or so, I've had no problems at all, and have especially been having luck with my crowntail boys. I have one crowntail boy and one of my crowntail girls in one tub, zip! And I have a gorgeous veiltail boy in another tank with one of my original veiltail girls that I bred, and zip there too! Have the set up the same, nothing is different, although I am having trouble keeping the temp constant in the bigger green tub that I've always used. And wonder if the ct girl is maybe too small for him?

Anyway, I've had my sulk now.

I commiserate Teela! I couldn't get Smith or Blacksmith to spawn for WEEKS, and about 3 weeks ago I decided to defer trying til I got back from Adelaide (which is where I am now) because I have nobody at home who could cope with bbs/MW/VE feeding and all the gut-instinct stuff that goes along with young fry.

I would put it down to time of year, except that you're in Ipswich and I doubt it's getting cold there! Plus Goldsmith and Dragonfly spawned twice in the time Smith and Blacksmith were being TSTB. I think my 2 males are just idiots.

Here's to both of us having better luck soon!

:giggle:

Hmm, I had noticed my boys haven't blowing their nests in the last 3 weeks or so, and my girl I have been conditioning for the next spawn doesn't seem interested when placed next to the male, she barred up within seconds previously. I do think it could be the change in weather here. The night temperatures are certainly dropping, (my doona is back on my bed) and the humidity is also varying greatly and not as intense. I am glad you posted, I may wait until my boys start blowing bubbles again before the attempt.

No problems up this way... had a spawn last week-end and all my boys have bubbles.

Maybe it is a climate thing (or maybe they just don't like each other :(( ). We had a couple of 'coooolish' days a couple of weeks ago, but since then, we're back to hot and humid

Doona back on the bed :) ... bring it on.

I think the doona may be required because the house is not insulated, so the temperature outside is exactly the same as in! It will be nice when its cool enough to use it all night instead of waking up frozen at 2.30 to pull it on!