My First Tank

borednessis

so i thought its time for an update, all seems to be going well atm. Since the red guppies all died off there have been no deaths. I added 2 blue rainbows they look very cool. I got some banana lillies they are my fave plants in there atm, they grow so fast in a matter of 2 days it will shoot a lilly to the top from nothing, so far there are 3 at the top with 2 more going for it. i will post a new pic soon once i plant a plant thats been floating at the top for ages but i havent figured out where to plant it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

so update with pics. alots happened phill gave me some fish from his tank, now that was a debacle, so heres what happened -

phill gave me some of his fish (3 congo tetra, 2 blue rainbows, 1 apistogramma agassizzii, 2 bosmanii, 5 red tailed rainbows and 6 corydoras), so we put them in the tank and all looks fine. morning comes and CARNAGE death everywhere, fish struggling for air right at the top, a horrible site, then phill explains that they needed air (i didnt have it b4) so phill quickly provided me some in and now they are fine. the death list includes - 3 congo tetra, "barb" my beloved green tiger barb, all 4 blue rainbows, 1 red rainbow(my fav it was so red), the apistogramma agassizzii, 3 bosmanii, and 1 red tail rainbow.

but besides that horrible set back i now have air in it and a heater. the plants are doing well especially the banana lillies i have like 10 lillypads now.

and so for the pics -

3437300973_e19cd1e0d0.jpg

3438114720_110d1db923.jpg

current fish i have are:

- 4 red tail rainbows

- 3 mettalic blue guppies

- 2 black guppies

- 4 santa swords

- 2 pinapple swords

- 1 red rainbow

- 2 rebuteii cory

- 1 panda cory