Jump to content

Problem Should I Buy It Now, Or Place A Bid?


a_little_oc
 Share

Recommended Posts

I haven't bid on any before, and two I liked sold with buy it now, before I placed a bid.

I really like this one.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1236366829

I would also like a sibling female.

If the exchange rate was closer, it wouldn't be such a hard decision, but it adds up fairly quickly.

But if I bid, it could go over the buy it now price.

I also want a couple from Jodie too, so I could have them all sent to me once this one is out of quarantine (if I buy him).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, tricky one.

If you absolutely have to have it, buy it now.

In most cases I've seen lately though, unless it is a really really unique fish, they don't tend to get more than one bid (I guess because there are generally spawn siblings available). Have a look at the rest of the auctions and see the bid style, see if it looks like he'll get more than one before you decide :D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could just watch it until closer to the end. Then you might be able to get it for $25 instead of $30. Sometimes people only bid on the fish because you did. When they scroll through the list some people skip over the ones with no bids. But you are risking it going over $30 if someone else is interested. If you have to have it then buy it now is the safest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL! Trust you to notice the lipstick, Leanne! I once set aside a red cambo female for Leanne because she had red lips and I thought she was soooooo Leanne. :D

I have to say that in the universal scheme of things to buy it now or bid it later is a rather nice problem to have. :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...