Pfffft

jusdeb

went away for the weekend and since ive never had any worries leaving fish b4 for this amount of time i wasnt concerned at all about them.

Checked community tank when we got home to find all but one of my neons gone , the one left is hiding tail less under an anubia . My bumble bees are gone and the remainder of the population are hanging out at one end if the 4 foot tank while my blue gourami patrols the other end.

One end of the tank is now packed full with my gouramis , lemon tetras , glo tetras , head and tail tetras , clown and kuhli loaches , corys , angels , ruby barbs and the BN . while 2/3 of the other end houses the blue fella and anything venturing in to his area is chased and harassed back to the other end.

This all started over the weekend while i was gone. Will this behaviour last ????? If i remove him will this behaviour happen again with the other gouramis ??????? Do you think he ate them and has become a fish killer ??????? Any tips will be appreciated , i dont really have the room to put him in his own tank and my only option at the moment is to palm him off to the pet shop or risk losing even more fish.... thanx

Gourami's are nasty pieces of work. I hear Chocolate's are fairly placid, but IMO any of the "fancy" types, Flame, Blue, Red etc, should be left at the LFS...

They eat Anubias, as well...

Edited by Ghengis

Yep it will continue. I have had a pearl lace gourami for a couple of years now and he was always a peaceful fish until about 3 months ago. He bacame aggressive and has not stopped. I have 2 tanks 1 with discus and 1 a community tank, he lives in the discus tank and keeps to himself in there but in the community tank he beat the bag outta everyone.

• 1 month later...

I actually own many different species of dwarf gouramis and they fare well in my community and my partners community tanks, very peaceful.

The blues, the spotted and kissing gouramis ARE NOT DWARF gouramis and will eat anything that will fit in their little mouths.

Don't get my wrong I couldn;t live without my little babies, but I had to take two normal gouramis back for this reason.

If you want gouramis just remember to keep to the dwarf species instead of the normal otherwise this will/can happen.

Personally, my honeys, chocolates, flames, and rainbows are all very good little fishes, oh, theres another gourami called a "sparkling gourami" very very very tiny and very very very placid.

Anyhow, good luck sweety :lol: