Killiguy Can't Post Pics

Chuckie

I tried again to post an image ,no luck.I go into photobucket click on the IMG icon below the image and the word "COPIED"comes up.I the go back to the forum click on the insert image icon which brings up a window where I paste the IMG code.When I post the reply this comes up: "You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to"Any help??

Edited by killiguy

I sometimes get that problem with Photobucket. It's only a new thing and I have no idea what has caused the change.

When you selct the %7Boption%7D tag, ignore the "Copied" icon and right click copy the normal way. I think this might fix your issue. Works for me...

EDIT: Also, don't use th "Insert Image" button. It's unnecessary. When you copy the %7Boption%7D tag from P.bucket, you don't need that extra step, as you already have all you need. Selecting the "Insert Image" seems to confuse the system... Just copy the tag and paste, in the traditonal way...

Edited by Ghengis

I was able to replicate that error. I believe that what you're doing is doubling up on the IMG tags. I believe the code you attempt to post ends up looking like this:

[img=[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/Bettarazzi/IMG_7482.jpg[/IMG]]

What you need to do is copy the IMG code from Photobucket as you've done but then just paste it directly into your thread without using the Add Image icon. The Add Image icon simply requires the URL which is the bit that begins with http://... without the IMG tags because it will then add the IMG tags. Unfortunately it's not clever enough to recognise whether or not you've already added the IMG tags. So if you're copying the IMG code from Photobucket just paste it directly into your post and it should work.

that would definitely do it! I haven't found anything in the admin side of things that would cause this error and all settings seem to be fine and in working order. Please try again making sure you only use one set of img tags and let us know what happens :hijack:

That will do it, as will posting things with a ? in the title (it is script and the board chucks a tantie)

If you copy the image tag thing from photobucket, just paste it directly in as text.

If you want to use "add image", you have to copy the direct link text

If you are trying to link to a page or image url with a ? in it, you need to strip back the URL to the last / before the ? (doesn't that sound bleeped and edited!:hijack:)