Goliath Giant Pk

fuzzy_dragonfly

Meet Goliath. I've been petshop hopping lately and found 2 LFS that stock giants. Concidering they were selling for an avarage of $100 a few years back I recon I got at steal at $15 from strictly aquariums Campbelltown. Auburn aquariums also has some deltas at the moment, not great but deltas nevertheless.

I felt terrible for loosing poor Captian my multicolour CT from the Sydney LFS crawl in the summer heat, my fault, I left the light on and the tank overheated.

Typically a crappy shot but gives you an idea anyway:

P2220539.jpg

Also does anyone know what colour this swordtail is? jet black, white nose and green irridecence. I got 4 one underdeveloped male and 3 females. They're the most unusual I've seen apart from the koi swordtails I once had, they were cool too. Concidering the youngest fish in my tank was 2 years old I thought it was time I added some new stock.

P2220522.jpg

If I can get him to hold still near a ruler I'll post it but no sucess so far. It's a shame I don't have another betta for comparison, that's where you can really see the difference.

He's about 1.5 times the size of a regular plakat his age in length and a lot more solid. I should have bought the cambodian DTPK to show the difference, I was going to but had second thoughts. Very round body compared to a more slender regular plakat.

I'm not breeding him, he's just my pet :) . I don't think I'd find a suitable female for him anyway.

Aren't those swordtails the coolest ;) . They had regular oranges but their colour is so intense it makes them look a bit fake. Pretty but they'd look out of place in my aquarium.