I Got My New Tank!

Chasing Sanity

Finally bought my 100L tank last week, I've spent the last few days fiddling with it and I'm happy with my centrepiece, I just need the right plants now.

DSCF2383.jpg

It's going to be a male guppy, glow-light tetra and gourami tank!

DSCF2384.jpg

These are native Darwin rocks... I liberated them from a coastal reserve. The holes go all the way through.

DSCF2386.jpg

My beautiful boys. I'm being very picky when it comes to boys. The lovely blue boy is a fish that the guy at my LFS put on hold for me as soon as he saw him because he knew I'd love him!

DSCF2385.jpg

My fry tank, there's two babes in there. One is starting to get black in it's tail! Under one of the rocks you'll see a little bit of a Kuli Loach poking out.

*blushes* It'll get a small rescape when I get my plants from Livefish which I can finally order next fortnight. I'm thinking mainly Val around the edges, and a bigger more 'tree' like centre plant. The Wisteria in my tanks is going beserk at the moment, have masses of it in my fry tank, my female tank, my plant tank and it's now overflowing into my community tank! The boys love the bubbles and my rocks are arranged to make a cave for my Kuli's to move into when they get a bit bigger.

small update, some of my mystery Val that I've been cultivating was finally big enough to put in my tank, still need a LOT more though! I think the Wisteria will stay, maybe in the background, not sure about the swordy thing because it's growing like crazy!

P2260024.jpg

I put all my girls in with my boys, so I could separate my fry and now the boys aren't fighting! One of my fry has black and is starting to develop yellow on it's tail and body so I'm thinking it's male!

Looking really good. Can I suggest that when you re-scape the tank run the airline down the corner then under the gravel to your rock, that way you can plant a bunch of Val in front of it and you will hardly see the airline at all. If you have some time before refilling you could even tack it in place with dabs of silicone if you wanted to.