Privacy Info

Jess

Hi Guys,

We have now added a "Welcome forum" on the homepage for guests to view when they reach the site. Only guests can view it, however, by doing this, some privacy issues have popped up.

From now on:

All Guests can see all members who are online. However, everyone will appear to be viewing the board index or using personal messenger.

- If you do not wish to appear online to any willy nilly, you can opt to be invisible/hidden. You will need to log out and log back in and check the "Log in as invisible" option.

All Guests can view the Calendar.

-If you would like your birthday hidden, you can also find this function in "My Controls".

- For club events or meetups, if you would like it viewed by members only, please PM or email us, we will add the event for you.

Guests cannot view:

- The forums (apart from the new Welcome forum)

- Profiles of members.

- The memberlist.

- What parts of the forum members are browsing.

We hope this helps in determining what information you choose to display to the public.

If you have any questions, please ask us!!

fae

the best way to go invisible is to log out, and then log back in using the log in link that is up the top of the page in the red line (I have marked the location of this link in blue on the image) then on the resulting login page tick the box that says log in as invisible (circled in blue on the image) if you also select remember me you will automatically be logged in as invisible each time.

Once you are invisible a guest has no way of seeing your username either online or location and can not find out if you are a member or not.

HTH

Posted Image

Archived