My First Breeding Pair!

koriana

I am SO excited! I have just purchased my FIRST pair of crowntails, well my first breeding pair ever!

These guys are 3.5 months old, sibling pair.

From Fantasybetta's in Thaland, they will be coming to Ausralia on the 21/02 . I am just SO happy with these guys.

What do you all think? they do have some minor faults but no one is perfect :)

I have to say a massive thankyou to someone for the work she will be doing to bring them into the country and another HUGE thankyou to Callatya for helping me out, showing me the standard for crowntails and advice! :)

The boy named Ghost (i know i know naming betta's naughty naughty)

ghostbetta.jpg

The girl named dancer

cfnumber2bought.jpg

Thanks so much Lilli =)

Hi xBettaX you have 7 on the same flight ! WOW I sure was tempted by a lot on aquabid and i bet i do this again lol, but for now I am just over the moon LOL . At least we can both wait for our fishies to arrive together=)

Hi Callatya, I thought the girl was going to be a good match =) I sure hope i picked the right one =) this is all so new to me LOL, they dont look much like horses heheh

kylie

They are lovely XXbettaXX I have to admit, LOL I seriously looked at your second boy, very seriously, had him on my watch list PML. Had decided to breed half moons and wrestled with myself to not bid on him. Im glad he is coming to australia he is just GORGEOUS!

kylie

Edited by Kylie Raines

• 3 weeks later...

THEY HAVE ARRIVED (tonight) !! YIPEEEEE

Both are in fantastic condition, I have been watching them like a hawk, or mother hen, tested the water numerous times over a week before putting them in, and everything seems aók!

I also bought a STUNNING blue male CT from JL, a show quality boy, he is really something and a nice blue female for him with the most amazing rays. I am so very happy with my new fishies. Am going to try my first spawn the middle of april. Dont want to wait that long LOL as my blue female seems very ready to breed, but have a big horse show coming up and thought I better not leave anyone caring for all the fry lol

kylie

I know what you mean - I am dying to spawn Smith and Blacksmith but I'm going to Adelaide next week and can't expect my daughter to look after the new fry. So much of it is based on intuition and a gut feel, which she can't be expected to have. She wouldn't recognise issues like velvet, either, or whether the male was eating the fry, or what to do with him if he was... (flushing not an option, lol).

Maybe we'll both have baby bettas in April!

Can we please see a photo of the blue CT?

Wow! They are beautiful :giggle:

I got my CT breeding pair on the same flight as yours and I just love them to death. More so the female, which I'm quite suprised about after being sooooo excitied about the male lol

Can't wait till they have fry!

Im with Lilli on the Blue CT pic :dance:

Yeah, I'd like to see some photos of your blue CT pair as well. :photo:

I got these from someone last month. I too have these guys lined up for spawning but I've already got a couple of other spawns on the go at the moment, so will have to wait a little bit longer.

I couldn't get his colour right... he's actually a lot brighter than what is shown here with a lot of turquoise on his fins.

100.jpg

Isn't she just adorable :love:

007-trimmed.jpg

I've also have this guy who just doesn't stop moving... even in a scotch glass :rant:

115.jpg

135.jpg

I don't have a friend for him... yet, but would also like to get some babies off of him as well.

I must admit, I tend not to go for the perfect form, I just go with what I like the look of - primarily colours... I'm a sucker for blue :)

Well I just spent a VERY interesting 30 minutes trying to take fish photographs....

Im a horse breeder and can take pretty half decent horse photo's. Well i had the most amusing 30 minutes, first to find a glass , (as no photo tank yet) right I thought scotch glass... none to be found.... hmmmm no decent sized square anything! Next choice was a round but large port glass (i think lol) then to catch the fishies... i soon discovered i could catch them in the net but how to get them in the glass? Well i managed with bated breath!

Next flaring that would be easy right? wrong! The blue male was just not interested, so am sorry to say i have piccies of them all, but i am the WORST fish photographer in the WORLD LOL

There is a youtube clip of my blue boy that JL took but i will ask her if i can put a link to it on here =)

kylie

OK so here they are, please LOL excuse my VERY bad pictures! My blue female in this light looks turquoise =) I took new and very bad LOL pcis of Ghost my grizzle male, I really like him, he has less copper then I expected but is just gorgeous!

Oh lilli I am really hoping to have some april Fry, Im going to give it a shot anyway!

The blue male (i will get new and better pics in the next few days sorry!)

bluemale.jpg

bluemale2.jpg

The blue female

blueturquisefemale2.jpg

killimike, lol :lol: ... oh no he doesn't have that much of a problem... it's a JD glass I'm currently using as a photo cube.

He has drinking problem well under control these days... limits his consumption to one glass per day ... or so he tells me ;)

Cheers :D

Linley

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just thought I would put some NEW pics (not anywhere near pro pics LOL) of Ghost my imported grizzle from Fantasy betta's in Thailand =)

He is growing out really nicely I just love him!

He is being conditioned to be spawned in 2 weeks =) So I am getting pretty excited fingers crossed all goes to plan!

Ghostflare.jpg

ghostflaredownwards.jpg

And for anyone that missed him, my imp Blue male (from someone who imported them from the phillipines =) )

bluemaleflare3.jpg

Thanks Callatya, Ghost really is looking nice, he has alot more extension now, his finnage really is stunning

Dancer is fantastic, I just didnt take new pics of her typical LOL, she is going really well, she also has more finnage, still a very femine fish, but gorgeous =)

You will have to fill me in on what a crossray is lol, then i can tell you if he has it lol

kylie