A Few Pics As Promised From Killiguy

killiguy

You picked the wrong type of link. In Photobucket you need to choose the one that says IMG Code. So when you paste it in the thread it looks like this:

[img=http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/killiguy/DSCN1717.jpg]

And after you submit your post the picture will come up.

Looks great by the way. Sooooo neat. You even have labels on the shelves. LOL. And hinged covers to hide the messy bits. More pics please. :wub:

It looks fantastic. I love the hinged lids. Thank you so much.

(Hopefully we can sort out the photo-posting problem - I am sure that shouldn't be happening. Meanwhile I moved the posts about that just cos they distract from the real topic at hand :wub: )

Thanks Lilli,III try again but people can see the photos in Photobucket.I have a working fishroom photographed which is messy,with containers everywhere with killi and rainbow fry.

I also have a few fish photos my male patoti(who spawned again yesterday)and my pet 14 inch Jaguar Cichlid(Leroy--ie big bad),who is as mean as he looks and makes cleaning his tank quite hazardous,attacking anything put in the tank esp my hand

The black tubes you see on the tankstands are part of a water changing system documented on ANGFA forumANGFA Forum

Hey the link above worked III try the photos again

DSCN1718.jpg

DSCN1719.jpg

RSCN1726.jpg

Betta_patoti_male0.jpg

I love Leroy! I had a bad, bad jaguar cichlid once. he tried to eat a tandanus catfish, which ended badly for him (even worse for the catfish, whch drowned). I had to perform surgery on Jag to get the spiny catfish out of his maw. Cleaning his tank was pretty scary, so I know what you mean.

I'm going to have to check out the water change system at ANGFA :)

Yeah I was reading that an ANGFA a while ago... was trying to work it out lol ... I need some sort of pictorial diagram of how it works cause explanations dont work well in my minds eye! :)

Is this the same style as Leo's system or a bit different?

Edited by brettc777

Essentially the system is the same as Leos (sorry but probably no one knows who we are talking about,he is Leo Oreilly ANGFA president in Qld)but upside down with no tank drilling needed,using the valves+risers with protector as syphons.It essentially is one big interlinked syphon tube with valves to control what tank is syphoned and how much.Because a gradient is needed it would not work on flat blocks,mine has quite an incline and I use a very long hose to maximize the suction effect.Once the tanks are draines I attatch a hose from my water tank(With pump) and fill the tanks using the same tubing (and cleaning the procective inlet/outlet).

I hope thats a bit clearer,if not you may have to visit me in Geelong

Oh ok I get it now... so you have to adjust each valve for the size of the tank. So when you drained the tanks they drain evenly, so a 6ft tanks valve will be open a lot more then a 3ft tank.

Sounds like it would have been tricky to work out.... if I ever do the same system I might just get larger tanks and divide them up perspex walls with holes in them so they all drain the same.

Another automatic waterchange system that I have seen described is one belonging to Matthew and Aline from the NSW cichlid society, probably works fairly similarly to your Doug.

From memory he had those overflow devices on each tank, those u-shaped ones that allow water to 'overflow' from a tank without it being drilled. He could lower the section of these that determines water height in the tank, essentially drain a predetermined amount of water out of the tank just by pulling a lever. Then you return the overflow thingy to its original height, and turn on the pump to start new water flowing into the tanks through the ready plumbed pipes. I think he had a timer or float valve here to stop the refill when it was done.

It must have been alot pricier to build, having twice the amount of plumbing for starters, fascinating idea tho.

I'll let you know when I will be in Geelong Doug! ;-)