Snails

Bender

Currently I have the standard gold/brown mystery snails in my tanks, along with some rams horns and trumpet snails that came in on some plants, but I'd love some other types as well. So what can we get? I keep reading about these baseball sized snails available over seas, can we get them here? Does anyone keep any other interesting varieties?

There's always the native waterhouse snails and blond snail.

In Europe you can get mystery snails in every colour, blue, green, purple, pink etc etc, but seeing as you can't import snails it doesn't really do us much good here:(

I'm trying to figure out a way to bring back snail eggs from Europe. Don't suppose AQIS would listen to reason and allow them, seeing as you can already get the same species in every pet store?

I have a few that I haven't seen at pet stores too. In addition to the regular golden one, I also have wild colour (blue body, brown shell with dark brown stripes), jade (blue body, golden shell) and golden with stripes.

But I'd really love some baby blue ones...

Any chance of some pics? The idea of a blue snail is intriguing!

I guess if there is no imports there won't be any apple snails :rofl: Oh well!

Those ones from someone are awesome! Did any one manage to breed from their purchases?

Marianne I love the ones with the yellow-brown shell and blue body! I think the colour shows up better than when the shell is bluish too.

Thanks for the pictures Daniel, they are nice! It's a shame the eggs were not successful. Do you think they just didn't hatch, or were they perhaps eaten by something else?