Pm Inbox Sizes

Chuckie

Hi everyone

You may have noticed that there have been some changes to the PM Inbox sizes here at AusAqua. This is something we have done because there is only so much storage space here at AAQ, and we thought that priority should be given to the forum itself and the information it contains, rather than hosting thousands of PM's, especially with all the new members we have welcomed recently!

The new settings are as follows:

* New members have space for 5 PM's

* Junior members have space for 25 PM's

* Senior Members have space for 50 PM's

If you need to delete important PMs to make space, you can save them by going to "Archive Messages" and sending them to your email address. It is a good idea to check that the send was successful before deleting them though.

Any questions, please contact forum@ausaqua.net. Don't ask me, I am technologically inept.

We hope you guys understand why we have decided to make this change, and keep on enjoying the real benefits of what the forum has to offer - great members, unique information and lots of gorgeous photos!

Can I make a suggestion? Maybe people should email each other, at least re sales/similar transactions, rather than PM. I personally don't find PMs very useful for stuff like that. You can keep/file/sort and search emails. Much better for conducting transactions.

If you haven't included an email address in your profile, it's a good idea to add one. It won't be visible to spam bots etc, or even the person sending the email (til you send a reply).

PMs are great for stuff you don't really need to keep, or stuff you're not comfortable putting in an email for some reason, but they're not your only option.