My 1st Vt Betta

Guest Suijin

Hi everyone,

Just bought my 1st Japanese fighting fish the other day as a V-Day present for my boyfriend. We named him "Suijin" - God of water.

Even tho it was his present i seem to be more interested in this fish than him :)

I have been doing some internet research on them and am hooked, i just thought i would show him off in here. I've read that the VT's are very common and not too interesting for most but i think he is gawjus all the same. What do you guys think?

Suijin.jpg

He is STUNNING! I have not seen that vibrant red for a very long time :) He looks lovely and healthy too :rolleyes:

As VTs go, he's quite a good looker! I'd be more than happy to have him in my tanks :eadshake:

(Be careful, my obsession started with a red VT betta that was a gift for my BF. It is a slippery slope!)

Splendid! thanks for the heads up Marianne ;) I might take a trip to my local in case they buy from the same wholesaler. I do love my reds!

IBC don't allow them in shows, but I believe that one of the main Asian groups and the main EU club have VT standards if you wanted to have a look :fun:

The pet store also had a few HM but their fins were still very short and they didn't catch my eye as much as Suijin.

We are just infatuated with him and i am really surprised to see new sides of his personality each day we have him - last night he chased a fly that was circling his bowl. It was amazing to watch.

I'm lucky i have a really good quality camera to capture his colour - i will try and take a few more and post them up

Thanks for all the positive feedback on him :fun:

• 3 weeks later...

I love VTs too. They were the first Betta I owned. All of my pet Bettas are VTs. I've bought a pair of Deltas to breed, but I think I'd have more luck trying to breed my VT's! They have the most sweet natures & funny little personalities. I love walking up to my tanks & "talking" to "my boys". I have a VT very similar in colour to Suijin. I just wish I could get a decent pic of mine.