More Fishy Friends!

Peta

:lol:

Yes.. clearly I am weak!! I went down to look at one fish... came home with four (and not the fish I went to look at haha!! ;) )

So... I now have .. this guy who I believe could be called a Black copper devil - from what I've picked up on Aquabid at least :lol: - Definately a HM.

IMG_6896w.jpg

IMG_6905w.jpg

And this is his 'girl' Red Copper HM .. she's sooooo pretty and no matter the photo you just can't see how pretty she really is.

IMG_7030w.jpg

IMG_7037w.jpg

quick someone reply so i can add in the other photos...

*twiddles thumbs*

now these guys... the moment I saw them I knew they where comming home with me....

Black Dragon Masked HMPK...

Male:

IMG_6977w.jpg

IMG_6990w.jpg

Female:

IMG_7021w.jpg

w.jpg

(*when she's not stressed out her body is actually black!)

The boy is so happy he's already working on a bubble nest! :lol:

So yeap - there are my next two spawns ;)

okay... so last night i set the dragons up in a small tank .. not to breed them yet (although that was at first the intention)... while setting it all up I was hit with the enormity of what is yet to come... ie my two current spawns getting closer and closer to jarring stage. I was suddenly hit with "where the hell am I going to put them!!" and decided NOT to even think about breeding until I've gotten them 'out of my hair' ...

So instead of only half filling the little tank, i filled it all the way up ... put in the glass divider and put the fish in the tank figured may as well keep them together. They seemed happy etc. Where fine this morning. Came home walked through the back door and their tank is right at eye height as soon as you walk in - and the girls side of the tank is what you see first.... I looked looked.... "holly crap where is my fish!!" .... dumped my bags at the door .... looked into the other side of the tank... sure enough there she was hiding away!!

She came out when she saw me - they flared at each other but didn't seem to be to fussed, I noticed a few 'nips' on the girls anal fin.. but nothing serious... Got her out and then noticed that there was a bubble nest in the tank as well... "crap" Asking the errant fish if they have done the naughty seemed not to provide any answers, due to location of bubble nest it is hard to work out clearly if there is or isn't thing in there....

So guess I'm just going to have to wait and see if in 48hrs we have tails in that tank.... (I HOPE NOT!) ... toying with calling the girl fish Randy.... as how she managed to jump over the divider with the lid on I'm not sure. She's back in her side of now and I"m going to be lowering water levels to safe guard against and more unapproved visits to the boys dorm!

.... damn fish hehe.

ah, the case of the too-high water level and the randy female - I reckon so many of us have had something similar happen!

I hope that you don't have a surprise spawn. If you do, maybe you can partner up with someone to help with some of them, like me and Abbey are doing :(

Is it a dalbarb tank Peta? My latest fishy Captain Sparkle (no I did not choose the name) worked out he could get past the edge of the divider glass to Purples side, and has the shredded tail to prove it! He's only small still, so I blocked it up with moss until he grows a bit fatter!

- whoops missed that reply... it's a Aquafx tank that was modified to put in dividers (it divided into three) .. got it from the fish store at rocklea markets, there is no space to get throught the sides so she definately jumped for it.

Just thought I would update that there wasn't any eggs... I've been 'playing' with them since friday and have let the girl out a few times to swim around with her 'bro' haha ... they've been okay.. but she's not been intested so after a bit she's swims back to her side and hides so I just put the glass back down... etc ... went down this afternoon and noticed that there was a heap of white spots over her floor... seems she dropped a whole heaps of eggs! She's still got a big egg belly so might work on these guys over the week and see if we can't get a spawn happening :)