An Emotional Betta

Lyarlla

Okay, so I bought a gorgeous VT orange male 6 months ago now. I have a variety of shaped giant glass vases (like 8-9L of water plus a few inches to spare) that I keep my males in with plants. For some reason, my orange VT clamps his fins and stays on the bottom and sulks if I move him to a different vase for a bit of variety. Move him back to his favourite vase and within 2 days his fins are unclamped and he is lively! He seems super sensitive to changes. He clamps up if I move him next to a fish he isnt familiar with, if I move his tank to another part of the house... you get the idea. But put him in his favourite spot on the coffee table upstairs in his favourite tank and he's a new fish. None of my other betta act like this! He's not sick when he clamps up... he just seems a bit like a big sulky boy to me. ;)

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

• 1 month later...

Actually, I don't have a story to tell you but my partner just told me about his first betta VT.

My partners beautiful boy was in love with this little blue fake plant that was in his tank; if my partner even tried to move it for variety he would sulk until he put it back in the fighters favourite place.

My partners ex once shook the table the tank was on, and after that the poor little fighter would always have his back to her, even when she tried moving around he would snob her.