4x2 Planted Tank

well here it is, my firsted planted tank, its 1200 x 600 x 700 , it has 5cm of nutrient top soil slopping from the back and covered by 40cm of filter sand. 8x 10000 k lighting, 1000lph canister filter, 300 watt heater, and sitting on a home made stand.i use seachem ferts once a week with a 30% water change.100_1316.jpg100_1326.jpg100_1320.jpg100_1307.jpg

It's lovely, how long has it been set up? Also, what are the plants you're growing? There are quite a few I don't recognise :dontknow:

the tank has been set up for about 7 weeks now, im no expert in plants and dont know there scientific names, but there is ambulia, a few varieies of swords, philipine fern, java fern, windelov, mini chain swords,and most of the stem plants im not sure of there names.i started with very few plants in the tank and have multiplyed them by cuttings, the mini swords have grown amazingly, considering i started out with only 5 of them, now there is approx 100

Could you get a full tank shot please?

i will do some more full shots of the tank tonight as someone else wants to see the tank as it is 4 sale. id like to start again with a smaller 4ft tank and add co2 to the set up

Very pretty. Do you have any livestock in there?

currently there is only 4 albino bristlenose in there.

That really is a great tank. I had one with the same dimensions for a jaguar cichlid once (no plants, obviously!) The depth is difficult for plants though, the light just has to penetrate that bit further. They're done really well, especially considering the depth and no Co2!

I can see a group of discus in that tank - it speaks to me! Good luck with the sale :dontknow:

the depth isnt just hard for the plants, its hard for me to reach them for pruning and matainence, hence the reason i want a smaller tank, i think u r right, a group of discus would look great in there

Edited by Bettarazzi