First Timer

birdy

HI MY NAME IS PETER,I'M FROM THE NORTH COAST OF NEW SOUTH WALES AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE,I KNOW IT WILL TAKE ME A BIT OF TIME TO GET USED TO THIS SITE BUT I AM HOPEING I CAN LEARN A LOT FROM THE PEOPLE OF THIS SITE.I HAVE CURRENTLY GOT A SPAWN OF BABY BETTAS BUT HAVE LOST MOST OF THEM FROM OVER FEEDING(WATER SMELLY)BIT OF A LEARNING CURVE NEVER REALLY EXPECTED TO BREED THEM.

Sorry about the capital letters have got to get used to this forum first lesson learnt.i only have five fighters at the moment three female and two males one of the males is a red crown tale i haven't tried to breed him yet as i don't have any crown tale females or is it possible to breed them with your normal females?my other male is a blue delta tail and he is the dad of my first fry(not that there is many left)the females..i have two that i think are sisters look exactly the same came from same tank hence my thought of them being sisters.They are white with red markings on the finage i fell in love with them when i saw them so had to have them the other female she has blue markings on the fins and is the mother i don't know why i brought her but she got me back into the world of bettas.I have had bettas before i brought them off someone(fish chick)years ago but unfortunately i had to go to western australia for work for a while and my mate was looking after them or so i thought i returned home and all my fish were dead i was not impressed and swore off them for life but i couldnt help myself love there agro and colours.

haven't tried to breed him yet as i don't have any crown tale females or is it possible to breed them with your normal females?

you can, but the question is whether you should make the effort. If you breed a crowntail with a non-crown tail you'll get combtails, which it's not necessarily easy to get rid of. It's kind of like crossing a purebred dog with a bitzer form the RSPCA. You will get a bunch of fish that are probably not bad to look at, but which also won't be in much demand from other hobbyists or possibly even pet stores (they think they look raggedy). No offence to anyone who's into combtails! Maybe you can source a CT female from Jodi-Lea :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...