Hi Again!

Richard

Hey guys,

After a long break from bettas i am finally back! Many of you may not remember me as when i started there was only the Australian Betta Board.

It's been about 8 years now since i last kept and bred bettas, and its amazing to see how much things have changed! I only wished back then that we could purchase and import our own bettas from overseas and get them shipped straight to our door! (Thanks someone).

I will be browsing at afew bettas in the upcoming weeks, and hopefully find myself a awesome pair to begin the journey again!

Looking forward to learning all the new tips and tricks of breeding these beauties all over again!

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Bettarazzi,

I've got my eyes on a pair of Black Dragon HMPKs from Kit (Aquastar71). When i just got out of bettas i remember the copper strains just hit the market and they were fetching a hell of a lot. Now seeing these new dragon strains available it has really caught my eye so i think i will be concerntrating on these for a while. It's funny though, i never had an eye for plakats but after seeing these dragon plakats i think i've found my new love!

Love your barrack system btw!

Cheers,

Richard.

Wow you sure do have a good memory Calla! Is the culture still thriving? I am after a starter of VE's if you have any? :)

It is really good to be back, im still so dazed as to how much the hobby has grown in just under a decade! I'm looking forward to sharing some of my past experience in keeping and breeding these guys, and look forward to reaping from the wonderful pool of knowledge of all you guys on here! So is there a designated chat night on the forum yet? Really keen on catching up.

Cheers,

Richard.

Yes the black dragons are rather nice. Good choice.

Love your barrack system btw!

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it. Just need to get off my lazy behind and make the covers for the open sections to try and reduce the evaporation a bit. I'm having to do a water change every 10 days to deal with it. Compare that to my completely covered tanks where I only do a water change every 2 months on the overstocked tanks and every 6 months for the understocked tanks.

Not sure on the microworms, I lost my set about a year ago, but I'm sure there are still some lurking around as I gave them to pretty much everyone I could :) Sharing the microworm love :) I re-cultured the VEs about 4 weeks ago, so they should be merrily multiplying by now. I'll set aside a bottle for you :wub:

And yes, I'll third the black dragons!