Sign in to follow this  
Lyarlla

Help Please! Looking At Importing For The 1st Time

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can answer my question please on how do I go about importing some betta from Thailand after you place a bid on Aquabid. I have not yet bid on any fish, but would love to do so in the next few months. I know there are other threads on this topic and I have read them but there seems to be lots of different info and it has left me confused. Can someone please explain? Also, when you pay by credit card to the exporter, how do you go about paying in US dollars if we are from Australia?

Thanks heaps!

Lyar

I suggest that you rely on Jodi's comprehensive sticky post about it, it's a great step by step.

If you pay by Paypal, you select the currency you're paying in at the point of payment

:lol:

Heehee yea thats the one that left me slightly confused!

As I understand it its $25 (for import and quarantine for a HM) + $20 (for shipping to Sydney) + the cost of the fish.

If I buy 2 fish, the above cost is the same for each fish? Or is the shipping price the same no matter how many fish there are?

Do we need to pay the transhipper Preecha Ammara too?

Ps. thanks heaps Lilli. I kinda saw some of the fish you imported and got insanely jealous and wanted to get some imports of my own (as if I dont already have enough fish, lol)

No need to pay Preecha. Shipping from Brisbane to Sydney is by the box. You'd probably run out of money before you filled the box.

Edited by Bettarazzi

thanks guys - yes, as stated.

There is an import charge for each and every fish.

the local shipping cost is per box - approximately 10-15 fish max per box. Cost is the same for one fish.

The transhipping fee, cost of getting the fish to the country of export, all associated paperwork, health certificates etc is covered in the per fish import fee.

Cheers. J

Good luck! And thank you for the compliment on my bettas (they are Calla's too :) )

Thanks heaps, you guys were really helpful :woohoo:

Does someone have specific dates that fish are imported into Australia? Like monthly? Every 3 months etc?

um, I got an email from Kit (Aquastar 71) with a Feb date in it, will try and remember to check when I get home and post it here.

Sign in to follow this