Will He Be Ok?

Chasing Sanity

I sort of accidentally brought home my first betta in about 2 years this week. His name is CrispyStrip, because that's what he was meant to be! My fortnightly KFC lunch!

DSCF2375.jpg

In his holding pen! He's a very iridescent blue with a white/pink head and upper body.

I've since moved him into my 20L tadpole tank out on the back veranda. It seems to be ideal for him, it was full of mozzie wrigglers (he ate them!) and the water is that brown colour that you guys do with teabags. He looks so much happier since I put him in there, but will it be safe for him? Also he's got a lump on his underside or a swelling or something. It's gone down since he got put in the taddy tank but it's still there. Any ideas? He's not pine-coning or anything and he's still eating and hunting.

Edited by Chasing Sanity

You should be ok as Darwin is a pretty tropical area and the temp differences from the day and the night wouldn't fluctuate greatly.

For me in Adelaide, I'd have to go with something like a foam box to keep the water more of an even temp. Plus my tank outside can fluctuate up to 20C in a matter of 6-8 hours which isn't good for fish. So I think you'll be fine. Just watch the temps in winter should they start to drop, and in summer try not to let the temps get above 31C in the tank :)

That tank looks great for him and he is a lovely combtail :D