Online Shops

I have a reasonable list of online Aquarium suppliers bookmarked. Many of them sell plants and ferts etc, also.

Problem is, certain places only sell certain plants and accessories, with others selling others... Rather frustrating when I want to get

a few specific things. For eg. aquariumproductswholesale has real good pricing on Flourish Excel, which I need, but no Java Fern, which

I also want. Livefish.com has the J. Fern, but not the Excel. Of course, in a perfect world, I could just order from both places, but the

cost of postage would make that idea pointless... Are you seeing my problem??

So. Anyone know of any online stores that sell pretty much everything for the palnted tank? With reasonable postage??

Edited by Ghengis

I have seen just about them all, Most either specialize in plants and lack in accessories or visa versa.

I will look up a few more places, and see if i find anything.

Aquatic life aquariums, i found were well priced, cheapest excel i have seen. and postage rates were acceptable, but that does not help your dilemma.

I dont suppose you know of any sites that sell some good pressurized c02 kits or parts ?

anyhow ill start looking for you.

Peter

None of the pressurized stuff is cheap thats for sure, and you cant afford to take short cuts.

Looked around, and like we said before, neither specialize in both, and i have found most aquarium stores are way over priced for supplies such as excel..

Ill look some more tomorrow, but not many more aussie sites i have not seen.....

Peter

someone, this is part of my problem.

Since I only know the names of a few different plants by rote, I rely on seeing something online, with the name beside it, and thinking, "OK, yes I've seen that used in such and such, it will look good/bad for my application. Now I know what that is called and looks like"

To give an answer though, I think I want some J. Fern, as well as something broad leafed and red (preferrably not a Crypt, too stemmy), as a feature. Also want some Glosso and Hairgrass... That is the basic gist, but again, by looking online and seeing what is called what, I can also see what will go better with what.

Been scanning Tropica, the past couple days, but since most of their pics are drawings, I still can't quite picture how each plant would look in the tank...

Gardening was never my strong suit.

EDIT: Could probably add Pogo Helferi to that list, although I know I have little chance of finding that and retaining all of my limbs...

Edited by Ghengis

I have found browsing this site (http://www.aquaticdreams.com.au/) either buy genus, type or location, then using a quick google search to find out its lighting / c02 requirements and growth rate etc to help alot in developing a shopping list.

Hope that helps.

i know what you mean ghengis, when i need to buy things i always try to buy them from the same online store to cut down on shipping fees but i find im always buying from at least to stores at a time

ive heard good things about the dino spit so i bought 250mls of it plus dino pee for my new mini betta planted tanks

I don't know anywhere that sells everything that you want and also has pictures of everything. You'd be lucky even to get all the plants you want. The last time I did a major shop I got all the Seachem stuff (Prime, Purigen, Flourish etc) from one store, got the lighting from another store and got the plants from 2 different stores and some from private sellers. I'm afraid that's the nature of the game. If you could get everything you wanted from the one place I doubt the tank you put together would be terribly unique. Not so much Amano, more like Pets Paradise beginners kit.

someone,

is there such thing as dwarf narrow leaf java fern?

how much smaller is the dwarf java fern than the standard jf?

i'd be interested in obtaining some of the dwarf java fern and the smallest sized narrow leaf that you mayhave.

regards,

ty

someone, keen on the narrow leaf JF and maybe even Windelov. Glosso and Hairgrass, also.

It just comes down to all up outlay, including the Excel I must order.

What of costs for each of the items you've listed? PM if you would rather...